CHICAGO (WZTV) — While the McCallisters are away for the holidays, Airbnb is inviting mischief makers to stay a night at the actual house where the Home Alone story began in 1990.
Hosted by big brother Buzz McCallister and in celebration of the Home Sweet Home Alone release, the short-term rental company says four fans will get to relive their favorite scenes from the holiday classic like the following:
- "A cozy holiday scene with twinkling lights and a perfectly trimmed tree in celebration of the season.
- Booby traps galore (but don’t worry – you’ll be setting them, not sidestepping them!).
- Surprisingly searing splashes of aftershave and ample opportunity to scream into the mirror.
- All the ‘90s favorites their hearts desire, including plenty of Chicago’s finest pizza and a candlelit dinner of microwavable Kraft Macaroni & Cheese.
- A meet and greet with a real-life tarantula.
- A viewing of the film franchise’s newest holiday adventure, Home Sweet Home Alone.
- A LEGO Ideas Home Alone set to take and build at home."
“You may not remember me as particularly accommodating,” says Buzz, “but I’ve grown up, and I’d be happy to share my family home – my pizza, even – with you this holiday season. Just try not to let my tarantula, Axl, loose this time.”
Buzz adds: “We may all be older and wiser now, but we’re never too old for holiday hijinks. So this year, spend the holidays not-so-home-alone at my parents’ house.”
The one-night stay on Dec. 12 at the McCallister residence in Winnetka, Illinois, will accommodate four guests for $25. Airbnb says the stay's rules require strict adherence with local COVID-19 guidelines.
Booking for the Home Alone stay opens up Tuesday, Dec. 7 at 1 p.m. CT. Find more details here.