With less than a week until election day, you can now expedite your absentee ballot.
Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett's office says voters across the state can expedite their ballot mailing at specific post offices.
These are not drop boxes, but they will ensure your ballot will be delivered by the deadline. Ballots still require appropriate postage.
Hargett's office says voters need to mail their ballot by 3 p.m. local time on November 3 at the post office designated for the county, though voters should check with their individual location on the deadline time.
In Hamilton County, you can go to the post office at 6050 Shallowford Road in Chattanooga.
You can find a full list of locations here. Below are the other county locations in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area:
- Bledsoe County: Pikeville Post Office, 3372 Main Street, Pikeville 37367
- Bradley County: Downtown Cleveland Post Office, 155 Broad Street NW, Cleveland 37311
- Grundy County: Altamont Post Office, 70 Fitchtown Road, Altamont 37301
- Marion County: Jasper Post Office, 3739 Main Street, Jasper 37347
- McMinn County: Athens Post Office, 202 S White Street, Athens 37303
- Meigs County: Decatur Post Office, 200 River Road, Decatur 37322
- Polk County: Benton Post Office, 188 Main Street, Benton 37307
- Rhea County: Dayton Post Office, 426 1st Avenue, Dayton 37321
- Sequatchie County: Dunlap Post Office, 224 Rankin Avenue South, Dunlap 37327