WFLI / PB&J BLITZ OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
Contest: WFLI / PB&J Blitz
Station: Sinclair Communications, LLC dba WFLI
Station Address: WFLI, 1101 East Main Street, Chattanooga, TN 37408
Contest Area: Tennessee Counties: Bradley, Hamilton, Marion, and Sequatchie; and Georgia Counties: Catoosa, Walker, and Whitfield
Participating High Schools: Participating schools are those high schools selected by the Station to participate in the Friday Night Rivals. live broadcast: The Baylor School, Bradley Central High School, Chattanooga Central High School, Dalton High School, East Hamilton High School, Heritage High School, Hixson High School, McCallie School, Meigs County High School, North Murray High School, Northwest Whitfield High School, Notre Dame High School, Polk County High School, Ooltewah High School, Red Bank High School, Rhea County High School, Ridgeland High School, Ringgold High School, Signal Mountain High School, Soddy Daisy High School
Entrants: The Participating High Schools selected by the Station to participate in the Friday Night Rivals broadcast.
Sponsor(s): Synovus Bank, Chattanooga Area Food Bank
Prize Provider(s): Synovus Bank
Contest Period: August 11, 2019 to October 24, 2019
- 7:00 AM EDT on August 14, 2019 to 5:00 PM EDT on August 21, 2019
- 7:00 AM EDT on August 21, 2019 to 5:00 PM EDT on August 28, 2019
- 7:00 AM EDT on August 28, 2019 to 5:00 PM EDT on September 4, 2019
- 7:00 AM EDT on September 4, 2019 to 5:00 PM EDT on September 11, 2019
- 7:00 AM EDT on September 11, 2019 to 5:00 PM EDT on September 18, 2019
- 7:00 AM EDT on September 18, 2019 to 5:00 PM EDT on September 25, 2019
- 7:00 AM EDT on September 25, 2019 to 5:00 PM EDT on October 2, 2019
- 7:00 AM EDT on October 2, 2019 to 5:00 PM EDT on October 9, 2019
- 7:00 AM EDT on October 9, 2019 to 5:00 PM EDT on October 16, 2019
- 7:00 AM EDT on October 16, 2019 to 5:00 PM EDT on October 23, 2019
Criteria to Win: Each week, the participating school in that week’s Friday Night Rivals game that collects the most peanut butter and jelly jars (by weight) will be the weekly winner. The Participating High School that collects the most peanut butter and jelly jars (by weight) out of all of the Participating High Schools will be the Grand Prize Winner.
Winner Determination Date(s) : August 22, 29, 2019; September 5, 12, 19, 26, 2019; October 3, 10, 17, 24, 2019
Number of Weekly Winners: Ten (10)
Total Number of Winners for the Contest Period: Ten (10) Weekly Winners and One (1) Grand Prize Winner
Prize(s) and Value(s):
Weekly Prize: Each weekly winning high school will receive Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250.) in the form of a check made payable to the winning high school.
Grand Prize: One Thousand Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($1,250.) in the form of a check made payable to the winning Participating High School; and a donation in the amount of One Thousand Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($1,250.) to the Chattanooga Area Food Bank in the name of the winning Participating High School.
Station’s Website: http://chattanoogacw.com
Station’s Website Terms and Conditions: http://chattanoogacw.com/station/terms
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
Who Can Enter
1. Entrants are the Participating High Schools selected by the Station to participate in the Friday Night Rivals.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and the Station (collectively, the “Company”), Sponsors, Prize Providers, contest software providers, social media platforms, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee.
How to Enter and Win
1. Each week two (2) Participating High Schools participating in the Friday Night Rivals game will be eligible for that week’s contest.
2. During the Collection Dates, the two (2) Participating High Schools for each week will collect jars of peanut butter and jelly in the collection bins located at the Participating High Schools for each week.
3. On the Winner Determination Date(s) the bins will be weighed and the Participating High School that collected the most jars of peanut butter and jelly (by weight) will be the weekly winner.
4. The Participating High School that collected the most jars of peanut butter and jelly (by weight) out of all of the Participating High Schools will be deemed the grand prize winner.
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Station is not responsible for lost, late, garbled, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction. All entries, including any required submission, received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries, including any required submission, become the property of the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Contest.
3. Prizes are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket related prizes, Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed.
4. Each winner will be notified by email or phone. Before claiming any prize, the authorized representative of the winning school must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Each authorized representative of the winning school must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification (or less due to prize use time constraints), at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Each authorized representative of the winning school must show picture identification to claim his/her prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented.
5. If an authorized representative of the winning school cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the winner will be disqualified, the prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner, which shall be determined in the same manner as the disqualified winner. If time does not permit for an alternate winner to be selected, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will remain the property of the Station.
6. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
7. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
8. Only one prize will be awarded per household if more than one prize is awarded. Entrants are eligible to win only one prize within any 90-day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
9. The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
10. The Company, Sponsor(s), and Prize Provider(s) accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, entrants agree to release the Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the Prize. Entrants further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize entrant’s name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that entrant is a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
11. Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Station and on the Station’s Website. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station at the Station Address within thirty (30) days of the last day of the Contest Period.
12. The Station has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Station shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Station reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Station’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Station’s control.