Just like most organizations, the Forgotten Child Fund charity says it plans to handle things a little different this holiday season, in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
A post on the charity's Facebook page this week says:
"Forgotten Child Fund Family,
Another Christmas Season is before us and because of the pandemic, the Forgotten Child Fund is doing things differently this year. We will be following CDC guidelines this year.
MASKS ARE REQUIRED TO BE WORN AT ALL TIMES. This is to keep the volunteers safe and allow the Forgotten Child Fund to be able to provide children a Christmas this year.
- We will only be taking applications this year from Monday, October 19th through November 20th, Monday through Friday from 10 am to 2 pm.
- When you enter the application center you will check your temperature, sign in, and then fill out a COVID screen form. You can grab your application and go back to your car to fill out the application.
- An application center volunteer will text you when it is your time to come in and submit your application.
- Have to live in Chattanooga, TN, or surrounding cities or hear US 101.
- Children must be between 1 day old or 16 years old. (We will assist with children older than 16 years old with a mental capacity of our age range)
- Did not receive help from another organization
WHAT TO BRING WHEN YOU APPLY:
- Social Security card of parent and children.
- Photo I.D.
- Social Security card of parents and children."
In a separate post on their Facebook page, the Chattanooga Fire says the Santa Train will be small and limited to only required personnel. The number of families will be reduced.
That post also says the Application Center has new hours and application requirements. It opens October 19th and closes November 20th. The hours are 10 AM to 2 PM. CDC guidelines will be followed. Masks are mandatory and temps will be taken at the door. You can pick up an application and then return to your car to fill it out. A number will be on the application and when it’s your turn, you will receive a text from that number to turn in your application.
As for the Toy Store rules, please arrive and wait for a text to pick up your toys. There will be no group packs this year and no night packs.
Depend on us to keep you posted as we learn more.